Robert E. MielnickiOwner & Attorney
Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki graduated cum laude from Duquesne University School of Law in 1991. He finished 5th in a class of 100, was invited to join the Law Review and worked at Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, one of the biggest law firms in the country, while in law school. Upon graduation, he worked for four years as a Public Defender. During those four years he represented thousands of clients charged with crimes. While those four years were a great learning experience, Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki secured jury trial acquittals while a Public Defender for clients charged with Murder, Felony Drug Offenses, Burglary and Theft. Since entering private practice in late 1995, he has continued to practice criminal law in both state and Federal court. Attorney Mielnicki cannot think of a crime that he has not had to defend a client against. He has been consulted as an expert in criminal law and has taught other attorneys continuing education classes regarding DUI Strategies and Police Liability through Lorman Education Services. He prides himself in reviewing the newest cases relevant to Pennsylvania criminal law at the end of each month.
Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki is a respected appellate lawyer, having handled numerous cases before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Some of his notable appeals include:
- Commonwealth v. Adams, 205 A.3d 1195 (Pa. 2019)
- Commonwealth v. Carley, 2017 WL 1476309 (Pa.Super. 2017)
- Commonwealth v. Gaetano, 2017 WL 1246683 (Pa.Super. 2017)
- Commonwealth v. Evans, 153 A.3d 323 (2016)
- Colon v. Rozum, 649 Fed.Appx. 259 (3d Cir. 2016)
- United States v. Zimmerman, 277 F.3d 426 (3rd Cir. 2002)
- Commonwealth v. Wilson, 927 A.2d 279 (Pa.Super. 2007)
- Commonwealth v. Rush, 909 A.2d 805 (Pa.Super 2006)
- Hudak v. Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole, 757 A.2d 439 (Pa.Cmwlth 2000)
- Commonwealth v. Hudak, 710 A.2d 1213 (Pa.Super. 1997)
- Commonwealth v Smith, 545 Pa. 487, 681 A.2d 1288 (1995)
- Commonwealth v. Rosario, 545 Pa. 4, 679 A.2d 756 (1993)
Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki has over 25 years of experience representing clients charged with crimes including Murder, Drug Felonies (state and Federal Court), Assault, Sexual Offenses, Burglary and DUI. He is recognized as a TOP 100 Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers Organization and has been rated a perfect 10 by Avvo. He has taught continuing legal education classes to other attorneys. He charges reasonable fees. Let him put his experience to work for you. Call him now at (412) 288-0300. If he is not in court, he is probably available right now to begin an aggressive defense on your behalf.
If you are charged with a crime, Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki will not judge you. He cannot imagine his clients feeling more comfortable with their lawyer than they are with him as evidenced by their endless calls to his cell phone late into the night.
Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania , the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and before the United States Supreme Court.
For a list of results obtained by Attorney Mielnicki, click here.
“Bob” is married with three children and resides in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. For a free consultation about your criminal case, call Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki at (412) 288-0300 or e-mail him.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 1991
United States Supreme Court
United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for Western Pennsylvania
- Avvo Client's Choice
- Better Business Bureau A+
- Lead Counsel Rated, Criminal Appeals
- National Trial Lawyers TOP 100
- "10 Best" Attorney Nomination for Client Service, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys